Who We Are
SUN-DAC was set up in 1990 to provide care for people with intellectual disability in a Day Activity Centre setting. We currently serve persons with disability, with varying intellectual, physical, mental, sensory, and learning disabilities between the ages of 16 and 60 years.
To be a premier Day Activity Centre serving persons with disability
To provide day care and constructive development activities for persons with disability and improve the quality of life for them and their caregivers.
• To provide training to enable persons with disability to learn basic independent daily living skills, community living skills, social skills and simple vocational activities.
• To provide respite for parents and caregivers of persons with disability through support and assistance services.
• To provide training for persons with disability to use community resources with the aim to integrate them into the community.
At SUN-DAC, we hope to achieve through our services and programmes, to promote each client’s maximum level of independence, maintain each client’s present level of functioning as long as possible, preventing or delaying further deterioration, ensure each client is fully integrated into the community and to provide support, respite, and education for families and other caregivers. All programmes are delivered via a fun and engaging curriculum filled with meaningful activities in context aimed to maximise engagement and retention.
SUN-DAC’s activities and programmes include the following:
• Training in Activities of Daily Living (ADL)
• Training in Community living Skills (CLS)
• Occupational therapy
• Recreational and leisure activities
• Case management and referral network
• Caregiver training and support programme
• Counselling for caregivers and family members
NewsWatch how we work towards social inclusion with our community garden in this Channel News Asia feature:
Welcome to the News section of our website. Our goal is to keep you informed and involved of the latest news and happenings at SUN-DAC. Since we want this section to be as relevant as possible, we look forward to hearing your comments on our articles.
You can also participate by writing an article or sharing your experiences with SUN-DAC.
You can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org